yes, this Southern girl LOVES her some football and NASCAR.
To start out the opening weekend of football, I went to Gadsden to the Westbrook Christian vs Glencoe game. I met John in Rainbow City and we grabbed dinner at Cracker Barrel. He wanted to be at the stadium by 6 to watch warm-ups, so we headed that direction. It was great to see so many of the boys come up to John and say hello. He is really making a difference in their lives!
I was mainly watching Dylan because he is one of the boys that I feel like I know the most. He is #12 and a tight end on offense but also helps on kickoffs. During warm ups he was beating everyone to the line. Impressive!
Westbrook score first with a field goal and then got a safety. We went into the half 5-0. John was like, when did a baseball game break out? HA! Westbrook won the game 12-7. Dylan asked if I was coming to the next home game, but it won't be until October 5th. But, I will be cheering for the Warriors every Friday!
Saturday morning, I went to the UAB v Troy game with Sue, Andrew, Janetta, Pete and Rhiannon. By the way, Troy Sux. It was a hot day but we were having a blast. Just as the Troy band took the field it started the rain. I took Andrew under the stadium while they finished and UAB took the field. He was such a good little boy through all of it. He ended up with Rhi (Rhiannon) and feel asleep. Football wears you out!
After a quick trip to the mall, it was time for Jax State and Alabama football. Jax State played Arkansas in Little Rock and Alabama played Michigan in Dallas. This was Daisy's first experience watching football with me. Let's just say, it is going to take some time for her to adjust. Jax State lost to Arkansas 49-24 but we all know Southerners won the halftime show. Alabama rolled over Michigan 41-14.
It is the South...Football is back...all is good!


No comments:
Post a Comment