Verse

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Friday, March 25, 2011

Birthday time for dad and me!

Dad's birthday is March 23 and this year it fell on a Wednesday.  He and Mom went to Cracker Barrel for dinner but before they left, dad found his birthday surprise!  A new guitar (picture below), amp and foot pedals!

I had church so I couldn't join them.  Sonja and David treated me to my Cracker Barrel dinner.  So, we all had Cracker Barrel -- just a different locations. :)  Mom, dad and I stayed on the phone for the last 45 minutes of dad's birthday and the first minutes of mine.  So cool!

My birthday is March 24th.  After dad called to wake me up and wished me Happy Birthday - I woke up to a facebook page full of birthday wishes!  While at work, I received a beautiful flower arrangement from mom and dad.  It had my favorite colors but most importantly no yellow -- yea!

I went to lunch with Leah and Danika from work at Urban Cookhouse.  LOVE that restaurant!  After work, Sonja treated me to a manicure and pedicure - so relaxing.  Later that evening mom, dad, me, Jeff and Kathy met at Brio's for dinner - YUM!  Mom and dad surprised me with Dreamcake cupcakes. I had my favorite -- Peanut Butter Cup!!!  After dessert, we opened presents.  Dad received a Bass Pro Shop gift card from Jeff and Kathy.  I gave dad a dark red leather guitar strap and a new Alabama shirt.
I received a Kohl's gift card from Jeff and Kathy.  Mom and dad gave me a beautiful Pandora bracelet with several charms (elephant, present, Bible, angel, purple heart bead, black heart bead, dog and 2 spacers).  Also, I was shocked to receive a new laptop - which I am using to update my blog tonight :)  It rocks!
Earlier in the month mom and dad gave me an early birthday present - a video camera!!!  It will be put to good use -- trust me!
Tonight, March 25th, I met some girls from work (GNO) to celebrate my birthday and Leslie's engagement.  Our GNO crew is Kim, Rebecca, Leslie, Theresa, me and Kellie.  We always have such a great time when we get together.  We all chipped in and purchased Leslie a Victoria Secret's gift card; they all chipped in and bought a birthday cake for me! 

We will celebrate the traditional family birthday this Sunday.

I guess it is true -- I turn my birthday into a birthweek!! :)

I am so blessed to have my mom, dad, family and friends who love me for who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment