Tori texted me a few times asking where we were sitting and I later found out. Instead of the current Southerners singing "I'll Fly Away" on the field an us singing in the stands --- the current Southerners came to us! It was so cool singing our traditional song with our 1st recruit - as a family =).
After a quick visit to the hotel, we grabbed a snack at the Huddle House.
Saturday morning started off with breakfast and then headed to the stadium for practice. John met me at the field for practice, it was great to finally get him to a reunion! After practice, we were hanging out under the stadium and this mysterious person threw Sam a brand new black Gamecock jersey. I wish I would have taken a picture of his face -- PRICELESS!
Howard made it to practice in order to lend a mellophone to Blake. We all headed to Baja mexican for lunch - it was yummy! Tori even met us for chips and cheese dip.
After lunch I met up with mom and dad at the stadium. It was time for gametime! The alumni Southerners played "Salvation" with the current Southerners after the 1st quarter and then we played our traditional tunes during halftime. All the while the Tide is not doing good against Texas A&M. After the game, the current Southerners did a complete full show for everyone. Again, it was AMAZING. JSU won; Alabama lost; but I had a GREAT weekend!
![]() |
| Blake, Angela, Tori and me |
![]() |
| Angela, Grant and me |
![]() |
| me and John |
![]() |
| Go JSU Gamecocks! |




No comments:
Post a Comment