As tradition the family gets together for birthdays. Today we celebrated moms! We had delicious ribs cooked by Richard along with butter beans, turnip greens, slaw, potatoes, mac n cheese that Nana cooked. It was all yummy!! (I skipped the butter beans). After dinner it was game time - no not the Super Bowl -- it was time for Mexican Train and Rummikub. It was mom, me, Linda, Casey, Rochelle, Nana and Lindsay. I won Mexican Train and Rochelle won Rummikub. We all enjoyed the carrot cake and everyone was impressed with my cake skills =) Mom received several nice gifts. Uncle Larry had a private shopper and got her a black/white workout suit. Rochelle and Sushi gave her a cute birdhouse complete with a bluebird. Lindsay, Casey and Cameron gave her some tasty tasty fudge - 3 different flavors! Nana gave her a purple shirt (may have to borrow that one) and a gorgeous necklace. Linda and Richard gave mom a beautiful picture frame with a very sentimental saying complete with a picture of mom and Cameron. I gave her two more beads for her Pandora bracelet (a red one and black heart one). Dad's present is still being worked on - a gorgeous, one of a kind black diamond ring :) It was a great day and I know mom appreciated everyone coming to celebrate her special day! Below are some pictures from today's celebration!
Cameron loves birthdays!!
Blowing out mom's candles!!
Pure sweetness!!!!!!
Happy Tears - I think
Me and Cake Face!
It was a wonderful day and it was awesome to spend time with family. We will continue to celebrate mom's birthday with a trip to Cupcakes and Cocktails on Wednesday at Dreamcakes. Followed up with a Brad Paisley concert on Friday with me, mom, dad and my friend Candace.
oh - The Packers won the Super Bowl -- ROLL TIDE!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment